Women seeking to sign up for higher college education or graduate degree studies can happily do so by applying for the AAUW Women Scholarships tailored for women who wants to register for advanced college education sessions or graduate studies in the United States.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards international scholarships for studies or full-time research in the United States to women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Both postgraduate and postgraduate degree program in accredited institutions are supported. One of the requirements of the AAUW Women Scholarships is to have earned an academic degree (obtained in the US or abroad) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from EE. UU Completed before November 15, 2018.
Host Institution(s): The AAUW student grants will be hosted at various accredited institutions of the United States.
Level / field(s) of study: Postgraduate and postgraduate degree program in accredited institutions of the United States.
Application Deadline – The application closing date for the AAUW Women Scholarships is November 15, 2018.
Number of prizes: The number of AAUW Women Scholarships to be awarded is not specified
Objective group: The AAUW Scholarships is open to female candidates who are not nationals nor permanent residents of the United States. Preference is given to women who show a prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community or professional work.
Value of the scholarship / inclusions: Beneficiaries of the AAUW Women Scholarship Program will receive the following according to their level of degree program.
- Master’s degree / professional scholarship: $ 18,000
- Doctorate Scholarship: $ 20,000
- Postdoctoral scholarship: $ 30,000
To be eligible for an international scholarship which can aid your advanced college education pursuit, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the USA. UU Or the possession of a nonimmigrant visa if they reside in the US. The women who are currently, or expect to be during the year of the scholarship, a US citizen, a permanent resident of the US. UU or double citizen in the USA. UU Another country is not eligible.
- Have an academic degree (obtained in the US or abroad) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from EE. UU Completed before November 15, 2018.
- Attempt to dedicate full time to the proposed academic plan during the year of the scholarship.
- He intends to return to his country of origin to pursue a professional career.
- Be competent in English. Unless the applicant can verify that their native language is English (a written statement is required), that they received their high school diploma or a university degree from an English-speaking institution (transcription is required), or that they will have completed a semester of full-time studies in your discipline at an English-language college or university between November 2016 and November 2018 (transcription required), you must upload a recent ETS TOEFL * (no further than English as a Foreign Language Exam) November 2016). TOEFL institutional scores and other proficiency test scores in English (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum acceptable score: 550 for the paper-based test (TOEFL PBT); 79 for Internet-based tests (TOEFL iBT); 60 for the revised test delivered on TOEFL paper.
- The postulants of master’s degree / first professional degree and doctorate must have submitted an application before November 15, 2018, in an accredited study institution during the period of the year of the scholarship and must indicate the name of the institution in the application for international scholarship.
See the full eligibility criteria on the official website for more details.
The applications and the presentation of the supporting documents are done online. The application period for the 2019-2020 fiscal year is November 15, 2018.
Candidates are expected to have an academic degree (obtained in the US or abroad) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from EE. UU Completed before November 15, 2018.
See more details at the AAUW official website